no的柯林斯釋義CONVENTION(用於否定回答)不,沒有You use no to give a negative response to a question.
'Any problems?' — 'No, I'm O.K.'...
“有問題嗎?”——“沒有,我挺好的。”
'Haven't you got your driver's licence?' — 'No.'
“你難道沒有拿到駕照嗎?”——“沒有。”
CONVENTION不對;不是You use no to say that something that someone has just said is not true.
'We thought you'd emigrated.' — 'No, no.'...
“我們以為你移居國外了。”——“不,沒有。”
'You're getting worse than me.' — 'No I'm not.'
“你比我還糟。”——“不,才不是呢。”
CONVENTION(用於拒絕建議、請求或拒絕給予許可)不要,不行,不用You use no to refuse an offer or a request, or to refuse permission.
'Here, have mine.' — 'No, this is fine.'...
“喏,用我的。”——“不用,這就挺好。”
'Can you just get the message through to Pete for me?' — 'No, no I can't.'...
“你就幫我把話帶給皮特,行嗎?”——“不,不行,我不能。”
EXCLAM(用於表示不想讓某人做某事)不要,不可You use no to indicate that you do not want someone to do something.
No. I forbid it. You cannot...
不,我不允許那樣,你不能…
She put up a hand to stop him. 'No. It's not right. We mustn't.'
她舉起一隻手打斷他的話。“不,這不對,我們絕不能這樣。”
CONVENTION(表示接受或理解對方的否定說法)對的,是的You use no to acknowledge a negative statement or to show that you accept and understand it.
'We're not on the main campus.' — 'No.'...
“我們不是在主校區。”——“是的,不在。”
'It's not one of my favourite forms of music.' — 'No.'
“這不是我喜歡的音樂形式。”——“對,這不是。”
CONVENTION(用於糾正剛說的話)噢不,啊不You use no before correcting what you have just said.
I was twenty-two — no, twenty-one.
我當時22歲,哎呀不對,是21歲。
EXCLAM(用於表示震驚或失望)不會吧,是嗎,真的You use no to express shock or disappointment at something you have just been told.
'John phoned to say that his computer wasn't working.' — 'Oh God no.'
“約翰打電話說他的電腦壞了。”——“噢,天哪,不會吧。”
'We went with Sarah and the married man that she's currently seeing.' — 'Oh no.'
“我們是和薩拉還有她正在交往的那位已婚男士一起去的。”——“哦,怎麼會呢。”
DET-NEG沒有;絲毫沒有You use no to mean not any or not one person or thing.
He had no intention of paying the cash...
他根本沒有付錢的打算。
No job has more influence on the future of the world...
沒有哪份工作能對世界的未來有更大的影響。
DET-NEG完全不是;遠非You use no to emphasize that someone or something is not the type of thing mentioned.
He is no singer...
他完全沒有歌唱天分。
I make it no secret that our worst consultants earn nothing...
我可以坦白地說,我們最差的顧問掙不到一分錢。
ADV(用於構成比較級的否定形式)根本不,毫不You can use no to make the negative form of a comparative.
It is to start broadcasting no later than the end of next year...
開播時間不會晚於明年年底。
Yesterday no fewer than thirty climbers reached the summit...
昨天至少30名攀登者登上了頂峰。
DET-NEG(用於形容詞和名詞前,使其表示相反意義)倒不,並非You use no in front of an adjective and noun to make the noun group mean its opposite.
Sometimes a bit of selfishness, if it leads to greater self-knowledge, is no bad thing...
如果能喚起更多自知之明,有時候一點點自私並非壞事。
Today's elections are of no great importance in themselves.
今天的選舉本身並不是很重要。
DET-NEG(用於佈告或指示中)不準,禁止No is used in notices or instructions to say that a particular activity or thing is forbidden.
The captain turned out the 'no smoking' signs...
隊長把“嚴禁吸菸”的標誌牌都翻了過來。
No talking after lights out.
熄燈後禁止交談。
N-COUNT作否定回答者;投反對票者;反對票A no is a person who has answered 'no' to a question or who has voted against something. No is also used to refer to their answer or vote.
According to the latest opinion polls, the noes have 50 percent, the yeses 35 percent...
根據最新的民意測驗,有50%的人反對,35%的人贊成。
French officials say the government has made contingency plans in the event that the no's win.
法國政府官員聲稱政府已經制定了應急計劃,以防持異議者勝出。
PHRASE不可能,無法(做某事)If you say there is no doing a particular thing, you mean that it is very difficult or impossible to do that thing.
There is no going back to the life she had...
她無法再回到從前的生活。
There is no doubting them now.
現在無法懷疑他們。
